Steve Harrelson is licensed to practice law in Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, and Arkansas, and his practice areas include divorce law, child custody law, motor vehicle collisions, truck accidents, catastrophic injury, wrongful death, and defective medications. Steve practices throughout the South in state and federal courts. In addition to litigating complex issues inside the courtroom, Steve is also experienced in private negotiations, mediations, and seeking remedies at the administrative level. Steve is also a Bar Examiner, meaning that he takes time from his law practice twice a year to grade the Bar Exam.
While Steve enjoys many areas of the legal arena, his passion is preparing for and engaging in the trial by jury. Steve believes in the constitutional right to trial by jury and is willing to protect and preserve this concept on which the American tort system is founded.
In addition to his law practice, Steve served a stint in the state legislature in Arkansas from 2005 through 2012. He served as House Majority Leader and chaired the House Judiciary Committee before serving in the Arkansas Senate. Steve is very familiar with the inner workings of state government and earned a certificate from Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government in 2008 for Executives in State and Local Government.
- Divorce and Child Custody
- Medical Malpractice
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Personal/Catastrophic Injury
- Wrongful Death.
Admitted to bar in:
- Mississippi, 2020;
- Arkansas, 2000;
- Texas, 2002;
- Louisiana, 2003 (Bar Examiner, 2015-);
- Federal District Courts:
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas, 2000;
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2002;
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Mississippi, 2003;
- United States Courts of Appeal:
- 5th Circuit (2014);
- 8th Circuit (2015);
- United States Supreme Court, 2008.
- Member, Arkansas Senate, 2010-2012;
- Arkansas House of Representatives, 2005—2010 (Majority Leader, 2006-2010; Chairman, House Judiciary Committee, 2009-2010);
- Texarkana Bar Association Attorney of the Year, 2007;
- Recognized as a top rated personal injury attorney by SuperLawyers®;
- Board of Directors, Opportunities, Inc. (2005-).
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association;
- Texarkana Bar Association (Attorney of the Year, 2007);
- Arkansas Bar Association;
- Louisiana State Bar Association (Bar Examiner, 2015-);
- State Bar of Texas;
- American Bar Association;
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Directors, 2016-);
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association;
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association;
- American Association for Justice (Board of Governors of Young Lawyers Division, 2001-2003); and
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association.